Scopus Author ID
Now showing 1 - 10 of 83
- PublicationConstruction Methods of the Decision Trees for Genetic Programming(2008)Mūsdienās ģenētiskās programmēšanas iespējas tiek plaši izmantotas daudzos optimizācijas un klasifikācijas uzdevumos. Lai ģenētiskās programmēšanas metodes varētu tikt veiksmīgi pielietotas, ir nepieciešams konstruēt attiecīgus lēmumu kokus. Lēmumu koki un likumi uz to pamata ir intelektuālās datu analīzes sastāvdaļa un veiksmīgi tiek pielietoti klasifikācijas problēmu risināšanā. Pastāv vesela virkne dažādu paņēmienu, kas dod iespēju konstruēt lēmumu kokus ģenētiskās programmēšanas iespēju izmantošanai. Literatūras analīze liecina, ka optimālākā metode lēmumu koku konstruēšanā sastāv no diviem etapiem. Sākotnēji tiek veidots lēmumu koks, izmantojot C4.5 algoritmu, kas turpmāk tiek izvērsts ar ģenētiskās programmēšanas operatoru palīdzību. Šajā gadījumā ģenētiskā programmēšana tiek lietota kā globāla meklēšanas stratēģija precīza lēmumu koka atrašanā. Rakstā analizētas mūsdienu pieejas lēmumu koku konstruēšanā un izskatītas ģenētiskās programmēšanas iespējas, kas tiks izmantotas turpmākajā pētnieciskajā darbībā.
- PublicationANALYSIS AND EVALUATION OF FISCAL POLICY IN LATVIA(2019)
;Erika ZubuleThe choice and topicality of the research topic is based on the fact that upon strengthening of the government's regulating role in economy, the notion of public finances positions itself, and state budget has become an important subject of both economic and political discussions as implementation of fiscal policy is takes place through it. In order to evaluate fiscal policy, it is necessary to evaluate the potential influence of different fiscal policy instruments on social and economic situation in the state. Aim of the research – to evaluate activities of fiscal policy implemented in Latvia in context of certain tax, namely, influence of corporate income tax on state's economic and financial indicators, identifying the main risks and imperfections of fiscal policy when ensuring state's budget. Applying simulation methods in the environment of Matlab/Simulink, the authors analyze and evaluate the influence of fiscal decisions and their implementation on the situation in Latvia, analyzing the most important tendencies in the sphere of corporate income tax payments according to the tax reform commenced in 2018.
- PublicationAnalysis of Fuzzy Time Series Forecasting for Migration Flows(2022)
;Oleg Uzhga-RebrovThe goal of this article is to forecast migration flows in Latvia. In comparison with many other countries with sufficiently symmetric emigration and immigration flows, in Latvia, migration flows are very asymmetric: the number of emigrants considerably exceed the number of immigrants. Since statistical data about migration are usually inaccurate, we employ fuzzy time series forecasting methods for prognosticating migration flows in Latvia forecasting. The use of this type of method is often useful not only for forecasting purposes. Three different methods for fuzzy time series forecasting are used. A detailed comparative analysis of the obtained results is given. Generalized forecasts of the expected net migration flow in the future are presented.
- PublicationThe Choice of Metrics for Clustering Algorithms(2015-08-04)Methods of data analysis and automatic processing are treated as knowledge discovery. In many cases it is necessary to classify data in some way or find regularities in the data. That is why the notion of similarity is becoming more and more important in the context of intelligent data processing systems. It is frequently required to ascertain how the data are interrelated, how various data differ or agree with each other, and what the measure of their comparison is. An important part in detection of similarity in clustering algorithms plays the accuracy in the choice of metrics and the correctness of the clustering algorithms operation.
Scopus© Citations 25
- PublicationPOSSIBILITIES OF SIMULATION MODELS VISUALIZATION IN TEACHING PROCESS(2016)Teaching experience shows that during educational process student perceive graphical information better than analytical relationships. Many educational courses operate with models that were previously available only in mathematics and physics disciplines. As a possible solution, there could be the use of package Matlab Simulink in realization of different algorithms both for engineering disciplines and economic studies. The paper presents examples of using simulation modelling in the educational research processes.
- PublicationEXTRACTING RULES FROM TRAINED RBF NEURAL NETWORKS(2016-12-10)This paper describes a method of rule extraction from trained artificial neural networks. The statement of the problem is given. The aim of rule extraction procedure and suitable neural networks for rule extraction are outlined. The RULEX rule extraction algorithm is discussed that is based on the radial basis function (RBF) neural network. The extracted rules can help discover and analyze the rule set hidden in data sets. The paper contains an implementation example, which is shown through standalone IRIS data set.
- PublicationNiskanen Classical Model Implementation of the Office’s Operations Evaluation(2015)
;Ērika ŽubuleThe economic downturn has caused fiscal tension in the country in recent years. Budget revenues decreased and it indicated the need for the revision and control of expenditure. Therefore, the issues related to the evaluation opportunities of governmental expenditure are becoming particularly urgent. It is emphasized that a key factor in public sector’s performance is the public good, which ensures services of government institutions, and encompasses both quantitative and qualitative aspects. However, economic researches on the public sector’s performance efficiency focus on problems related to the determination of the public good as well as activate the possibility for its practical application. The US economist W.A. Niskanen mathematically grounded the bureau performance balance-shaping principles in the context of possibilities for evaluation of public administration, id est. the situation in which the institution’s performance can be evaluated as effective. In order to evaluate efficiency aspects of the public sector’s performance as well as their potential impact on the formation process of the state budget spending part, the authors of the research put forward the following objective – to perform mathematical calculations of bureau performance balance-shaping principles, grounded by the US economist W. A. Niskanen, and to assess the model’s potential opportunities for practical application. As a research novelty, the developed practical application software of Niskanen’s classical model of bureau performance is presented in MATLAB environment.
- PublicationApplication of the Ontology Concept for the Needs of Theoretical Mechanics(2015)
;Aivars VilkasteThe concepts of theoretical mechanics have been sufficiently well studied, they are used both for educational purposes and practical application. Nowadays, the use of ontologies is developing rapidly, thus allowing acquiring knowledge about the specific field of application. The author of this research analyses appropriateness of ontologies for the needs of theoretical mechanics. The study shows the use of graphs in the work with taxonomy concepts and describes the key notions of the ontologies. The author has tried to develop the concept of domain ontology for better understanding of the key notions of theoretical mechanics with a help of Protégé, which would be useful for students in the process of studying theoretical mechanics.
- PublicationThe application of simulated annealing method for optimal route detection between objects(2019)
; ;Jurijs MusatovsVladimir Golenkov Scopus© Citations 18
- PublicationINFORMATIONAL WARFARE – INFLUENCE ON INFORMATIONAL STRUCTURESThe concept of information warfare encompasses the use of information and communication technologies to gain an advantage over a potential opponent. The information warfare is the manipulation with the information that trusts the goal, so that the goal should make decisions about its interests in the interests of opponents. Information structures are treated as systems that process different types of information, provide storage and access to users. Such structures may enclose neural networks, self-learning systems etc. They need to be ready to learn, respond to threats and ensure their safety, which is topical in today's information warfare. This paper will address aspects related to the security of information systems from a system theory point of view. The knowledge base of information structures can be elements of artificial intelligence, which security must be protected against various threats. The authors considers artificial neural networks to be one of the potential threats in the context of information warfare.
Scopus© Citations 1